PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phone battery going flat too quickly
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2013, 22:53
rans6andrew

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
I have been watching the battery usage. Normally the phone idle uses about 30%, cell standby about 28% and screen uses about 25%. When it all runs down too quickly it shows the screen using about 35% and the other main consumers less than usual. The other few % is split between a load of processes.

When it uses too much power overnight, there must be some big user that doesn't show up in the usage monitor or the 3 main users all use more power than usual. The change in the screen usage figure doesn't account for the fact that the actual discharge rate has gone up by a factor of 4.

One issue with the Applications Manager is knowing which processes would normally be running at any time. ie, if I don't have any alarms set, stopwatch running, countdown timer for me dinner etc, would it be normal for the simple clock to be running 1 process and 1 service? What will fall over if I stop them? There is 15 of these processes and matching services things running at present and the phone is using it's normal 1% of battery an hour.

And then there is how to tell which ones are still doing stuff when the phone goes to sleep.

Rans6........