PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe axing jobs
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2013, 18:28
Ride the Fire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

The end is near I feel - that sinking feeling.
The management still seem to believe that the reason that Flybe are loosing lots of ££££ is primarily down to the economy and APD. I will let them off the hook a bit because the economy is poopoo and APD is way too high but all you seem to get from Exeter is "the business model is not broken its ALL someone else's fault.
The managements complete lack of responsibility for the airlines current situation is very worrying. Unless we get a severe management shake up and new blood brought in I fear that this will be Flybe UKs last summer.
I will put my house on us not being able to operate a full summer schedule.
As was mentioned in a previous post we will have nowhere near enough line engineers - they are all leaving - things are already beginning to fall apart and it's only March.

Come May or June as the summer schedule kicks in more and more aircraft will be grounded due to overrunning engineering tasks and the airline will begin to implode.
What a great cost saving strategy - phase 1 - cut costs by removing frontline operational staff just in time for summer - the only time we make any money -
awesome!
Phase 2 - make do with what is left over and collapse in the winter