PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF NEWS - Rag or What?
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2013, 15:44
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Melchett01
Unfortunately, it's not only the RAF News that has degenerated into little more than a local 'free newspaper' - the RAF website isn't much better when compared to our sister Services' offerings.
I can't remember the numbers, but at a media seminar we were told that the RAF website budget was in the low 5-figure mark (maybe it was lower) and run by a Chief at Strike. In comparison the Telegraph website had a budget in the high 6-figures and of course was run by professionals. This was about 7 years ago.

The RAF has continued to shrink and perhaps proportionally the per capita media budget of years gone by would be hard to justify today. The RAF News and the website probably have no journalistic staff and are limited to format offerings from on high.

It is probably like the Red Arrows, no one is prepared to say enough, we can't afford to do a proper job so lets kill it. Or perhaps how about contracting out to Qinetiq?