PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Formally Opposes Qantas, Air NZ Tie-Up
Old 17th Feb 2003, 01:06
frank Borman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK boring and moronic Gaunty. I thought we'd buried the hatchet?

You were not directly affected by the AN collapse apart from maybe losing a few FF points. So while you take pride in putting your hard nosed attitude about letting AN fail, think of the families that were affected, including my own, and the families of AN staff and in companies that collapsed as a result of the AN collapse.

The fact is, hard nosed business ethics are yes, by and large, a big part of business, no one including myself disputes that. However, secret colluding and blatant lying is not only ethically wrong, it is illegal. Geoff Dixon writing to the federal government as to the state of AN's financial "slush fund" when he had no idea of it financial state, is illegal and fraudulent.

I take your point of HIH etc, but where does the Howard government get off by spending $600 million farming out so called "terrorist immigrants" around the Pacific islands, when that money could be better spent here, regardless if it's on AN, HIH, Onetell etc etc.

Three years? before AN collapsed it made a $125 million profit. If we had laws similar to whats in the USA with Chapter 11, then we may have a leaner, more efficient AN flying today that probably would of been well on the way to paying back any government assistance and thus saving alot of jobs and families.

Who knows, it's all history and one can speculate, AN RIP. But the fact is, this government is corrupt and it lies to the people that live here and it's in the pocket of big business.

Go and see the movie "Bowling for Columbine" thats out at the moment and you cna draw the similarities between Bush and Howard!!