PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 30th Mar 2013, 05:52
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4dogs and scrubba both good points that you make, especially the fact that Pel-Air was set in motion with an apparently pre-determined outcome by FF and the bureau while the previous Senate inquiry was still in play!

On the subject of Senator X still pushing the protected reporting and just culture barrow, I couldn't agree more and he has been consistent on that issue throughout this inquiry..you only need look at Q3 from the written QONs for the 28/02/13:
3. What access to incident reporting does the ATSB currently grant CASA?

o
What information in a report would usually be provided? Does this include personal or other identifying information?

ATSB response: Details of the information disclosed to CASA are provided on the ATSB’s website as follows:
Information disclosed to CASA
Oral and SMS report of Immediately Reportable Matters
Oral and SMS advice of the occurrence of immediately reportable matters (IRMs – accidents and serious incidents) are provided to CASA as soon as the ATSB is informed.

The advice may contain details such as operator names, registration numbers, times, dates and locations. The ATSB will try, where possible, to avoid directly identifying individuals.

Daily report
CASA is provided with a redacted daily report of all incidents entered into the ATSB database. The redacted summary is a generic description of the event notified.

Depending on the workload for data entry, this may be provided 1 to 3 weeks after the occurrence of the event. The notification will include aircraft registration, so that CASA has enough detail to gather its own information about the occurrence.

Aggregate summaries
An automated weekly transfer of summaries of information entered in the ATSB’s database during that week is provided to CASA. The aggregate summary does not include identifying information such as aircraft registration.

o

Does the ATSB provide any conditions on access to this information?

ATSB response: The information is provided with acknowledgement of CASA’s enforcement policy concerning the use of safety information.

The ATSB is not aware of any circumstance where notification information has been relied upon by CASA to take enforcement action other than where the ATSB requested assistance in an instance where a person provided false and misleading information.

o

Is the ATSB aware of any limitations CASA puts on using this

information? For example, could it be used to investigate an involved individual?

ATSB response: CASA may use the information supplied in an ATSB forwarded notification to inform itself of matters that require investigation by CASA so that CASA may obtain its own evidence where there is a need to take safety action.

Again I don't think the Senator is particularly interested in the answer. Other than the fact that it is just further spin from Beaker and by now no-one will ever believe the guy again as he has lost all credibility in the eyes of the Senators and the many observers/participants of this inquiry.

I also feel that Senator X and Senator Heffernan have never forgotten how the outcome and recommendations of the previous inquiry were basically ignored or subterfuged by the minister and DOIT. Hence the reason that the Senator's are using this inquiry as a chance to rectify past wrongs!

I also find it intriguing that the committee is still fielding submissions from the industry..take a look at submission 20 from the flying docs, it was submitted 19/03/2013...hmm now that is interesting??

Maybe the Senators are actually consulting with industry..maybe??..perhaps??

Last edited by Sarcs; 30th Mar 2013 at 06:01. Reason: Back to my beginner's guide to cryptology