PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2013, 02:02
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOH

With the great success that Jet2 has experienced in the northern UK market since it's formation going to head to head with the likes of Easyjet, Monarch and Ryanair wouldn't it make sense for Jet2 to look futher south for future expansion perhaps towards Bournemouth which is totally under utilised with only Ryanair to compete with on scheduled flights for only 9 months of the year plus a single short seasonal flight with Easyjet to Geneva.

It has a long runway, a new terminal and a wide catchment area and is ripe for expansion if only a consistent operator were to offer a good selection of destinations on a yearly basis.

I know Bournemouth has it's drawbacks such as public transport links and not being on a main highway but the fact is there has always been a very limited choice at the airport over the years and not really catering to the needs of the wider catchment area.

I know Jet2 were going to fly from BOH to Belfast a few years ago but that's a different story but with the great advertising that Jet2 is known for I am sure that BOH could be a good opportunity for them.