PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The One and Only North Korea Thread (merged a few times)
Old 30th Mar 2013, 00:03
West Coast

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
I'm not one to defend President Obama on much, if anything, but.....

I and most I know who went to school in Southern California learned them by the name Malvinas. That doesn't change that the islands are Brit territory, just that I learned the name a wee bit differently than you. On this issue I've been lectured by Brits about how I should call them the Falklands as hundreds of years ago our lot and your lot were the same lot.
I live on a street with a Spanish name, the radio station I listen to at times is across the border in a Spanish speaking country, about 20 something miles away. On a clear day I can see Russia, err Mexico from my porch. I ate Mexican food for dinner yesterday. The Mexican football team is regularly covered in the local fish wrap. Spanish is spoken regularly in our household when we dont want my little guy understanding what the wife and I are saying. I vacation regularly in Mexico. I think you get the point that just because the US has strong Euro ties, it doesnt over ride strong local influences.

Last edited by West Coast; 30th Mar 2013 at 00:11.