PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security- An Inside view
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2003, 23:41
Ook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you, Aeropig! You said it nicely. I am hoping to become a pilot someday, but right now, to pay the bills, I am a screener at a Canadian airport. Every airport is different, but believe me, low-paid or not, we do our best to make planes as safe as possible for everyone flying. And we get a lot of sh*t thrown in our faces for it. But hey, that goes along with the job. I can't really discuss rules on certain personnel going through security (that's info I cannot divulge). But we don't screen flight crew anymore, but we know how frustrated they used to be(we had to hear about it enough) and, I can't speak for other screeners, but we never gave crew a "hard time". We were merely doing our jobs. Screeners never decided to screen crews, but we had to do it if we wanted to keep earning a paycheck. I am aware that many consider screeners to be uneducated idiots with no common sense, but that isn't true. A lot of us are educated, but have to take jobs that pay the bills (aviation isn't the only industry that is hard to get a job in). And pilgrim, unless the screeners really do give you a hard time (rude, rough, etc.) cut them a little slack. They're the ones looking out for you.