PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air for expats
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2013, 19:24
cediazf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to be told also. Most koreans are nice people. The guys in the expat department were super nice even in my last moments there. The biggest problem seems to be in the training department and their unfair practices. They have a tough screening and a tough training and somebody who passed the screening and once there makes it to the last segment of the training virtually troublefree deserves some extra chance. They spend over 50K dollars per person in that training. It does not seem to make sense to through it all away for not doing a couple of extra OE flights on guys with an otherwise a good record. Since they are reluctant to change their procedures, even less if advised from someone who is not korean, I just want those considering Korean to have more information on what to expect that what I had. Yes, I am deeply hurt for how they finally treated me, unemployed thanks to their insensitivity and with another debt to pay but I will survive. I would not say forget about korea. If you are typed and unemployed, give it a shot but know what to expect. If you have to pay for your type, think twice unless you have alternative plans in place. All the best to you all.