PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security- An Inside view
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2003, 23:00
Aeropig1

Location: Crawley UK (that's next door to LGW - 1800m next door!) Handy for work though.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

OK Crew lets get to reality. Yes I am Involved in aviation security and yes I work for a control authority that does not in law need to be searched. If I am stopped carrying a firearm what are security to do? I am vetted and yes I accept that in the past vetted people have turned. But at the end of the day trust has to be drawn somewhere or the industry would collapse and there would br no jobs for you. Look at it this way, if we have sky marshalls and secure doors to that flight deck, should we have a skymarshall on the flightdeck to make sure the pilots are not suicide terrorists? If so should we have a second skymarshall to make sure that the the first skymarshall is not a terrorist? then we ought to have a third to ensure that the good one out of the other two is more likeley to prevail.
Aviation Security is regulated by DFT and if you find fault with it you should report it through your company to them not on a site that can be accessed by the frightened travelling public that pay your wages or Mr Bin Laden and his mates. There is much that is not publicised about security and for good reason. Please entrust it to those whose job it is, after all they don't tell you how to crew planes!

AP