PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Ek Green Light
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2013, 18:23
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TB, No point being angry with Keg, at least the management are showing signs of trying to engage, as it turns out, you burnt your scratchie, I presume a few others may have had similar thoughts.

With all that cr*p everyone has been through the last few years at least it is a step in the right direction... there is a good chance the scratchies may have put a smile on a few faces

At the end of the day, the airline business worldwide is under huge pressure, dog fights everywhere and who knows what will happen in 6 months time? It's probably one of the most frustrating business's on earth, everybody gets in on the act, governments, lawyers, bean counters, security, more bean counters, more political types and equivalents in slightly cheaper suits... oh yeah, of course there are the people who fly, serve and maintain the a/c.

For me, it's all ended up in reverse, these days the suits appear to consider themselves more important than the operational staff, not all of them think like this but their hands are tied by the people in the expensive suits who throw the decision dice, whatever numbers they land on, we got to live with it until the current dice throwers move on.

One of the messages over the last three years from a certain CEO has been "people don't like change," well whether they do or don't it has been decided, so on Easter Sunday if you want to do the hop to London on Qantas it's via DXB, end of story.
Deep down, I hope this new strategy rakes in millions in profit (proves me wrong) and Qantas International is returned (as promised) to its glory days it rightfully deserves, a well respected International airline. In many ways it still is, thanks to the hard work from the operational staff. The guys n girls working in domestic do a sterling job holding the fort.

I note the Minister for Transport Anthony Albanese will be travelling on the inaugural QF flight to Dubai on Sunday.
Gee. Lucky the alliance was approved in time.
I reckon there was a bit of a fun celebration staff party last Thursday, all very pleased with themselves after the ACCC formalities where complete. For Albo, "it's away we go now" we all knew that Ablo would be one of the list, it's the way it always worked.

Albo, the minister for everything since the last reshuffle and frankly the only ministers name I can remember, there's been so many of them! Expect in the mail soon, "who's the minister for what?" scratchie competition.

Last edited by TIMA9X; 1st Apr 2013 at 13:39. Reason: pprune easter special reposted link as requested for an extra day