PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2013, 18:20
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Navpi

Thank you for your kind words, but, Ill be the first to admit Im not always right.

When it comes to news and some discussion, a lot of information comes from other sources so I either have to trust what they say or pass it off as boloney.
Some times my sources are honest in what they are saying, however plans change, such as Emirates using MAN for JFK transits. They looked very deeply into the flights, and decided not to proceed. And because Milan has been chosen, a poster on another forum has decided to basically call me a liar . The latest case of this was Cathay pacific using the B747-800 up the road. Cathay had every intention of using the aircraft, however, the plan has since changed again, so technically, my reporting is now 'wrong'. But anyway, I digress.

In the cases of some discussion, most of it is my own opinion, mixed in with facts, so, people cannot take it as gospel. The discussion regarding air India is mainly my opinion. Both airports do have valid reasons to attract the service, and my argument about bringing MAN into the argument was based on the article link posted, it made it very clear that it was a MAN vs BHX scenario (although the author may read this forum, as since the debate ensued, the title of said article has changed!)

I think at the end of the day, people have to accept that comparisons between MAN and BHX will always be a feature on here.
Yes, some people do take it too far, but both airports have a similar demographic, both have similar airlines, and sometimes, if a service proves well at one, it is introduced at the other.