PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security- An Inside view
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2003, 22:21
flufdriver

Whatever happens,.. happens!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bjcc;

i am a crewmember, I have , as far as I can recollect, never brought anything to work that I shouldn't have and I resent having to leave my pocketknive and nail-clippers behind.

You must agree with me that it is at least as likely that an armed Security or law enforcement person attempts to comandeer an aircraft as me holding my pocketknive at the troath of my first officer.

Further, the excuse that someone could impersonate a crew member is one of the reasons given that we have to submit to this charade called a security check, well, I submit that if someone can impersonate a crewmember they can do the same as a Policeman/women.

So forgive me if i have a hard time regarding the current security procedures with anything more then contempt, especially so since I learned that it is quite allright to come on board with matches and butane lighters. my confidence in the personell administering these procedures also got quite a boost when i learned, that in order for them to pass the test the first time they were supplied with the precise answers to the test questions in advance.

Just in case anybody thinks that those high and mighty Pilots needed to be brought down a peg or two, I can assure you that i feel quite humble these days, as I am still working for the same pay I got 10 years ago and working conditions have only deteriorated since then