PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfix 2013 calendar, desktop downloads.
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2013, 15:22
54Phan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh no, it's that babbling Canuck again!

Roland, if you built that Bucc you are either a good model builder or an incurable masochist! JK. That TSR-2 has been my "Holy Grail" for a very long time, as Airfix apparently released them in fairly limited numbers when they first came out, and over here in the colonies they are as rare as rocking horse manure. I finally picked one up from un garcon in Lower Canada recently, to go beside my Avro Arrow.

In my case, I started off building 1/72nd scale model aircraft, thank you Messrs Airfix and Frog. As I aged, I found that hours of playing with an electric computer at work and just general wear and tear made my eyes not as sharp as they used to be, so I switched over to 1/48th scale. As I posted earlier, I was very pleased when Airfix moved into 1/48th scale in a big way. I really enjoy building RAF aircraft of any era, and I am glad to see more options becoming available for those of us with that particular inclination * Now, if only they would do a Hunter....or a Javelin...or yes, a Chipmunk. They could also do some WW II aircraft. (Blenheim, anyone?)

It is good to see that Airfix are coming back strongly, and I for one welcome it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Friday.

* Building 1/48th scale plastic models of RAF aircraft, Nutloose, just to make things perfectly clear.