PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways " Think long and Hard"
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2013, 14:11
Flytdeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management shortsight

Sentosa:

I have heard your story from another source and fully agree that somewhere in the system, someone has been inexcusably derelict in their duty to Qatar Airways. Your case has been discussed frequently among the pilot group and some queries have been made as to how this could have come about.

Qatar Airways is not the first airline to make such a blunder, nor the last. For those considering joining, the fact that there is virtually no protection from persecution is a consideration. Unions or associations (definition by management) are not tolerated. The only very limited protection is the desire to keep the fleet airbourne.

Your case is a definite warning flag of what CAN happen here. It is not, I hope, the norm. Hope you have been able to secure both a better position and better treatment elsewhere. Those of us left here will inquire as to how a Human Resources department could have bunged up your case so badly. Hopefully some of the response will filter through to my lowly level (line pilot).

Last edited by Flytdeck; 30th Mar 2013 at 10:59.