PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Cabin Service
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2013, 13:38
Max Reheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curtain Rod,

You are really making a prat of yourself now!

The endless pointless PAs (yes, in 3 languages) at the start of the flight are mandated by law, for the people who do not know how to fasten a seatbelt or would like to know how to get out in a hurry. If you don't like it just continue reading your newspaper or listening to your music. We don't care. But DO NOT talk to your neighbour. You might stop someone who does care from getting a piece of important information. Oh, by the way, it's rude too but you wouldn't realise.

Talking of getting out in a hurry, the 3 evacuations we have had in my memory have all been conducted inside the stipulated 90 seconds. It would have been even quicker if the idiots who don't pay attention to the safety video hadn't taken their cabin baggage with them.

As for the descent PA, I'm not worried about the arrival time or the weather; especially with the amount of traffic ATC have to deal with nowadays. It'll happen when it happens, but there are plenty who do want to know. I only really make a PA to thank the cabin crew for their hard work in putting up with filth like you! Haha!