PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways " Think long and Hard"
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2013, 12:10
sentosa1942

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Counterpoint, I am seriously and without prejudice very glad things have worked out well for you and your wife with QR. But please remember, I too arrived in Qatar just over a year ago with an equal amount of positive attitude, patience and extremely high degree of motivation, if not more. I was Very excited to be flying new modern fleet of aircraft. I encountered the same initials problems as you did, but on the whole you are left to sort issues out yourself. Be prepared for the bureaucracy, and be prepared if you should for any reason have a deference of opinion with one of the managers. The culture is different and yes we must adapt, but it certain is a BLAME BLAME culture and that makes for possible problems, as we all know ! However, it wasn't until I went on my annual leave and underwent a surgical operation that things went terrible wrong and I was treated appallingly. I am still in shock at what they did. I still believe that I should be out there working not looking for work. We all have our opinions and are entitled to them. What happened to me is 100% factual, I just hope it doesn't happen to you.
Good luck and keep enjoying your flying with QR as I am sure you will