PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair & Buzz
Thread: Ryanair & Buzz
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2003, 21:57
Hussar 54

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great pity - used Buzz frequently and no complaints. Used Ryanair infrequently and more than enough complaints.

Whatever.....I am always left wondering quite how the Irish lot manage to accumulate such pax volumes with such an 'in yer face' attitude in what is such a strongly customer facing industry. Perhaps the rest of Ryanair's flight crews aren't quite in the same mould as their illustrious leader and this is what preserves the pax volumes ?

They must have something, after all, because one is left to wonder at the sometimes basic lack of common or business sense that I saw recently.

Was in and out of Gerona 05.02 and whilst having a cup of coffee waiting for the load which eventually showed up over two hours late ( thanks for nothing, Miguel Z. if you're reading ) saw the new Check-In Desk being constructed for Ryan's forthcoming Ops to the UK, Germany, and ( is it ? ) Belgium.

Anyway, on the half constructed counter, freely available for the approximately 50 pax per day who pass through there on a typical Frebruary day, were several 000's of the usual Ryan 'in yer face' bright blue and yellow single page fliers - put together with about as much class as someone advertising the opening of a new local Car Wash, and proudly announcing the new services' launch...

Six flights per day ( impressive opening ! ) with the departure / arrival times to the three destinations and guess what ?

That was it !

Absolutely nothing.....on either the the fliers or anywhere else informing prospective pax about the departure times for the return flights !

I know that Ryan always quote one way prices....are they now offering one way routes ?

Or is penny-pinching so endemic in this organisation that printing costs have to be kept to a minimum by having printing on only one side of the paper ?

Really, it stretches belief......