PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 29th Mar 2013, 06:03
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ SpannerTwister

Is every LAME going to have to take 4 weeks of some sort of leave ?

How will this work if you have less than 4 weeks of annual leave available, will they make you go into negative annual leave hours ?
Your A/L leave is broken up in two parts. Entitled and Accrued. Entitled is leave from your previous years, and Accrued is the current year's leave building up (from your date of joining the company). If you don't have the leave, you're considered a good boy for using your leave as you get it, and you can't be forced to take leave you don't have.

If you have no annual leave and they are not going to make you go negative for your annual leave how does that work for your LSL if you have under 7 years of service?

You cannot currently access your LSL as you have under 7 years service, will they still be able to make you take 4 weeks LSL ?
I don't believe they can make you take Accrued LSL, as you're not entitled to it before 10 years, with the exception of a redundancy, but knowing this mob, they would find a way to make it happen. I would assume you're safe till you have the required leave to be forced to take any.

@ AEROMEDIC
Those that decided to look after their own interests may well have thought any strategy was not going work and they might as well milk the OT, but such things are not forgotten by others who didn't.

Hopefully. the leave solution will be enough, but this is far from being over. I'm sure the Fed sec knows this and will be working to secure a better outcome down the track.
First point. Whether it's forgotten or not is a moot point. People can remember you on the other side of the fence when we're all out of a job. Will it make any difference? Not one iota.

Second point. You're correct this is far from over. It appears that both Company and Association agree this is only a reprieve, not a solution. More of the same, if not worse, over the next 12 to 18 months.