PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Ek Green Light
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2013, 04:15
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
by Denabol - I'm keen to support Qantas but it seems to do everything possible to make me choose a different airline when family members to Europe or Asia, including a daughter who has to fly to Asia around six times a year. I've taken to Virgin for the few Australia flights I do, but some of us fly a lot, and Qantas has just lost the plot.
I share the same opinion as Denabol I am also confronted with the same problem..

I think Ben Sandilands highlights Denabols observations today... in response to a sneaky good Friday press release from Qantas which stretches the truth somewhat...

Qantas-Emirates and 'stuff you' Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth | Plane Talking
For a national flag carrier its treatment of these cities in terms of business and tourism links to the rest of the world is a disgrace, compounded no doubt for some ejected Qantas supporters in those cities by handing over vital links to Emirates as part of the new business relationship that starts on Sunday.
Not that there is anything wrong with Emirates, which is a great supporter of tourism to the parts of Australia Qantas neglects, but telling customers to fly on a non-Australian carrier, when you are the Australian carrier, is both arrogant and an invitation for them to fly Singapore Airlines instead, which is also a great supporter of tourism across all of our fair country.
Earlier today Qantas put out a press release, shown in full at the end of this post, which for some inexplicable reason, other than the ritual pro forma Singaporean approval for the Qantas-Emirates partnership, chose to highlight the benefits of the Qantas-Emirates relationship between Singapore and Brisbane and Singapore and Melbourne.
The weird bit is the reference to how Qantas in increasing its dedicated seats to Singapore by 40% but now offering two non-stop flights daily on each of these routes between Australia and Singapore comprising a two class service in a Qantas A330-300 and a three class service in an Emirates Boeing 777-300ER. (If you want to fly first class Qantas is punting the usual customers, who are governmental VIPs, and very wealthy corporate customers or individuals, into the Emirates flight, but they could exercise choice and fly Singapore Airlines, and get Virgin points too.)