PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air for expats
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2013, 23:30
cediazf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well 54fighting. You are entitled to your opinion. I heard from several guys flying there who looked at my training record that they made far worst mistakes than the ones I made and they made it. Their instructors debriefed them and were glad those happened on OE and they were able to talk about them and correct them. They got an extra OE and problem solved, they made it. I was denied the extra OE with a very decent training record. If that is not luck you tell me what it is. Had I had one of those instructors maybe I will be there. Sorry but other than luck I don't know how to call it. I strongly believe in SOP's and for your information never missed a callout. I did the long briefings even though I disagreed with some of its parts but I adapted. Good for you that you like those and I obliged as part of me adapting to their program. I will not apologize for being human and make non safety related mistakes like we all make and I have a 27 year career incident and accident free to prove it in far worst flying conditions than there. They know that non rated pilots made an investment to be there and unfortunately seems that they are not willing to work with the guys that made the extra sacrifice and effort to be there. And don't tell me than in your long time there you have not witnessed a good deal of injustices. I was clear. I have some friends there who are happy with the job but at the same time they all invariably speak about some unfair practices and some nonsense going on like a Guy who barely speaks english going in a flight to supervise how good your ATc communications are or at least half a dozen cases I heard about the OE instructor screaming to the trainee below 10,000 feet when nothing serious was happening, so much for SOP and Flight Safety. I am glad you are there and enjoying. I would surely be happier had I made it but was already aware of some unfair practices and decisions that happened while I was there. Yes, I took my chances, expected a fair treatment and it did not happen for me. Just think they should stop offering a chance to non type rated pilots unless they are willing to make the effort to help them make it like they do with their korean pilots. Sadly I found out too late the non type rated pilots failure rate. Most pilots who pay for their type are merciless failed in a percentage that seems to be on the 80%. And those are the pilots who should receive a little extra help as long as they do their part and are safe, And whether you believe it or not, I was as ready as anybody. What they counted as my third failure should have been the first. Failing me for time management or for following their book not letting ATC rush me as they advice was unfair and I was "unlucky" to have that kind of instructor. Ok, I may take back the part of needing luck to keep you job after passing the training but you definitively need a good deal of luck to pass OE or FTD depending on the korean instructor you get. Don't judge anybody until you have been on their shoes.