PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Cabin Service
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2013, 21:03
etopsmonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very well said Soul Mate. What has this thread come to? I just don't get why the attacks on FJ. What FJ said has some truths to it. Ignoring the obvious is not going to solve the problem. The problem here with CX cabin service, is that the crews are being rude and indifferent to the passengers. Although CX's service might still be (marginally) better than most (American carriers), but that's the really the point. Point is that CX market and position itself as a premium carrier, and as a passenger (full-revenue, staff standby, or otherwise), I expect superb service from the frontline/passenger-facing staff.

A trip 2 weeks ago: HKG-JFK (as a sublo). From check-in to deplaning, I didn't see a single smile. I am not exaggerating. The only time I saw smiles were at the baggage hall when the crews were collecting their baggage. At check-in, the staff didn't look at me when speaking to me, threw back my passport to me, and no "you are welcome" when I said "thank you" at the end. In flight, the cabin crews were giving "orders" and all of them had this grumpy look on their faces. One conversation I heard from one BC to another during meal service, in an annoyed/frustrated kind of tone, "Please pass me a diet coke" , "I have no more diet coke, I gave the last one to another passenger". So it is the passenger's fault that you ran out of diet cokes in your cart? Why bring the passenger into your work conversation? A more polite way would be "No problem, I will go get another one from the galley".

To me, they just seemed lazy, and cared too much about doing more extra work. I really wanted to complaint to the ISM, but I figure forget it - nothing will change; not with the kind of attitudes the cabin crew bring to work. Skills can be taught and trained, but not attitudes.