PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Czech Travel Service pilots working in Canada
Old 28th Mar 2013, 19:29
uncle buzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your correct win94 taking when you mention taking jobs from EU pilots. I don't disagree with the pilot exchange program. It's not a level playing field. A ratio of 80 Canadian pilots to 180 makes for 100 less Canadian jobs. Taking good routes/layovers they rarely have overnights when deployed overseas. Chek for exact number from the avcanada posts.

As for the fired pilot of course scum wing is happy. They hired back a very humbled pilot (why did he even leave if it was so good?) at first year pay and they don't need to train him. Lot of politics, I agree.

SW is making lots of cash because their able to exploit loop holes. If any other Canadian company could do it they would also. The foreign pilots are not even on the SW payroll & they come endorsed. Of course your going to make lots of cash and expand, their saving millions. Good on them!

I never made mention of the company and pilots who struggled and could not get through any training or line checks. I will say Canadian pilots are better.

I'm very certain the CAW and union president and the members are working very hard to level the playing field. Scum wing management was very stubborn in the last round of negotiations. Big company tactics, no different than any body else. Just exploiting the loop holes. Good on them and let's see if the government does anything about it.