PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N26DK Premier 1A crash Mar 17 2013 KSBN
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2013, 18:48
maestrogn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No umbrage

No umbrage taken. My question stemmed from the fact that on the commercial side of PPRuNe, there quite often is educated speculation prior to the investigation coming out. While often, when coming from non-pilots or from those who have no experience in the particular aircraft involved, the speculation is disturbing, some of the educated speculation causes one to think and a great deal can be learned. The recent crash in Moscow is an excellent example. When the official report finally comes out, comparing the speculation and my own thinking is a really great way to learn. In my field of voice research, I attend surgical discussions even though I am not a surgeon. After the discussion by the other surgeons, hearing what the presenting surgeon did and seeing its outcome is an incredible way to learn.

My life has seen my passion funneled into things other than flying (sailing, performing classical music, etc.) but my intense love of flying is still very much present. That love has been bolstered by the fact that my best friend was a Continental 76 driver and has, over the years, shared a great deal with me.

All best!

mGN