PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe axing jobs
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2013, 14:24
notjustanumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloud1's post states

"Right then ladies and gents.....

Restructuring
Ok, so many jobs are being cut or outsourced and this has affected 10% consisting of crew, ground and office staff and engineers and 20% management. It is not ideal but the intention is to reduce overheads in areas which are perceived as either over staffed (and yes this really is the case in some areas) or where the roles are no longer required.

Drinks
Free drinks have been offered for a long long time at Mr Walkers request. To make so many cuts but still offer free Kenco is ludicrous and a petition was set up in Exeter to remove the free drinks. Kettles will be provided to out stations and I am sure the crew and ground staff can rustle a few quid to cover coffee and tea. If on an airport standby bring some tea bags and there is no issue. If this really is a problem I would suggest these people need to get out more and see what problems are affecting the real world.

Fares
They are expensive and Flybe do need to wake up and review their pricing strategy. However this can not be said for every route.

Cabin baggage
Generous for the type of aircraft mostly used on domestics. Plenty of bags available on the market: Cabin Luggage, Hand Luggage, Flight Bags & Wheeled Holdalls from Luggage Superstore. - Page 1 of 15

I found several on the web which fit in flybes sizes so what is the problem. This is not an advert and there are many sites selling cabin bags

We are suppose to be representing professionals here instead it's just another opportunity to moan, complain, slag off call it whatever but its not constructive and does not help."

Oh dear your post is dillousional and typical of those who prefer to keep their heads in the sand and listen to what they are expected to know rather than what is actually happening.

In terms of your restructuring comments, you are so ill informed that its laughable.
The exact percentage of pilots made redundant is not confirmed but it will be in excess of 10% of the totals. The cabin crew have been hit hard at some bases and less so at others but 10% total is not far wrong. The engineers are another matter and an area we should be concerned about. The line engineers who we deal with every day have seen the numbers at the bases not being outsourced cut by an average of 50%, the line engineering management has been cut by approx 60%, the hangar engineering is around 10%. I would doubt very much if we see anything like 20% cuts in senior management where we have become top heavy.

In terms of the free tea and coffee. In the rest area of the training academy there may well be a case for charging but in the work areas if this is part of the plan to restructure the business then i am fearful of the future as there are much much bigger issues that dwarf any savings made in this area.

The fares are too high and can be said for every route our fares are uncompetative.

Cant argue with your points on cabin baggage the allowances are more than some other regional operators give.

Last edited by Jetdriver; 30th Mar 2013 at 12:03.