PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2013, 13:53
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRatSTN, you've made it quite clear in the past that you have a steadfast loyalty to Ryanair and an issue with easyJet, so maybe you should leave it there?
Whether or not I like EasyJet is a irrelavent, but FYI I don't dislike EasyJet, I just prefer Ryanair. The "issue" I have with EasyJet is their continued reduction at Stansted.

How about all of the times Ryanair have opened bases, thrown a fit at the airport authorities over high charges, and then left a load of passengers in the lurch? I'm thinking Belfast City as one good example.
A case like every other where it hits the headlines, even the BBC, and people know about it. Why are EasyJet so affriad to do the same here? Perhaps because this actually has nothing to do with profit and Stansted fees being too high, if that were the case then EasyJet would have cut right back in 2007 when BAA doubled the landing fees but instead it continued to grow. I doubt they would have waited four years before deciding that Stansted's fees were really hitting profits.

Just because Ryanair have been loyal to Stansted for a long time, and Stansted happens to be your preferred airport, does not mean that they haven't lied to and shafted people at many other airports across Europe in their time.
Far from it! Ryanair have cut back at Stansted aswell, albeit to a smaller degree. Did you not hear about the 9% reduction in traffic this summer? Of course you did, because Ryanair publicise it! I can't see how stating how many passengers will be lost and informing passengers which routes will be axed/reduced at what time and offering full refunds or an altenative FR route is lying and shafting people??

The EasyJet way of "we're not neccessarily going to cut back" followed by a 40% reduction in 2 years and leaving people questioned as to whether a route has been axed or just not yet put on sale is a far cry from truthfullness and customer good will. If that is not lying and shafting people then I really don't know what is. It seems to be there's one rule for Ryanair yet another for EasyJet!

You may feel that easyJet have let us down at Stansted, but the last time I checked they were a private company in the business to make a profit.
The primary aim is to make a profit of course, but it is also to build and good reputation and provide a service that people want to use again. Axing popular routes from a major UK airport shows them clearly failing to see this. In some respects, you are probably right... perhaps they are pushing so hard for profit, hence why they are doing well financially, but the number of existing customers they will be losing as a result will in time damage their reputation to those in the Stansted catchment. They are pratically giving customers away to Ryanair. That's unquestionable!