PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2013, 10:49
All-The-Nines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRatSTN, you've made it quite clear in the past that you have a steadfast loyalty to Ryanair and an issue with easyJet, so maybe you should leave it there?

Do easyJet operate Public Service Obligation routes from Stansted? No. Are you an easyJet shareholder? I doubt it.

Therefore, moan as much as you like, but I honestly don't know what you expect to achieve. How about all of the times Ryanair have opened bases, thrown a fit at the airport authorities over high charges, and then left a load of passengers in the lurch? I'm thinking Belfast City as one good example. Just because Ryanair have been loyal to Stansted for a long time, and Stansted happens to be your preferred airport, does not mean that they haven't lied to and shafted people at many other airports across Europe in their time.

You may feel that easyJet have let us down at Stansted, but the last time I checked they were a private company in the business to make a profit. The last time I checked, they also made it in to the FTSE 100, and so they are quite clearly doing something right and keeping lots of passengers + shareholders happy. Unfortunately it seems that their future business plans do not involve Stansted as much as we'd like to, but running an airline is an ever evolving strategy and involves years and years of meetings/negotiations/forecasts/agreements between hundreds of different parties that me and you will never know about.

It's just one of those things - we should be pleased that easyJet are quite clearly doing very well in these difficult times and after all is said and done, move on and get over it.