PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfix 2013 calendar, desktop downloads.
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2013, 10:44
Brian 48nav

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Odd man out!

Way back in 1970 (when I was a lad on Hercs), I came down stairs on my birthday really excited about the big present I'd seen my wife leave out for me the night before.

'What could it be?' I thought and rushed to rip the wrapping paper off. As it was revealed my face dropped,'What's the matter, darling?' said my beloved.

'You've bought me a bloody Airfix kit' I sobbed, hoping it was going to be a pile of books or Mayfair magazines.

'The Hercules kit has only just come in to the shops' she said,'I thought you'd be pleased to be one of the first to make one'.

'I hate making things' I cried, and had to explain that the most disappointing Christmas present I ever had as a child was a Meccano kit.I am the least practical person on the planet - much to the amusement of my off-spring.

Anne then had a very happy couple of days proudly making the Herc model. Guess who does the DIY in our house?

PS I do have a model of a Grippen in my study, but only because No1 son was given it by Saab when he was current on them.

Last edited by Brian 48nav; 28th Mar 2013 at 10:45. Reason: delete anneB