PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai - The Rules
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2013, 08:21
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So which of the many crimes you listed did you commit?

Did you have a beer while you were here?

Did you share a vehicle with a member of the opposite sex?

And following your criminal activity, how long did you spend in the slammer?

You may well have been here buddy, but you clearly didn't bother removing your welded on blinkers, choosing instead to be blinded by your preconceived views.

Indeed there are several laws here which are in place to attempt to preserve a certain level of tradition and respect for the culture and religion - is that such a bad thing? But Saudi it is not (BTW I've spent 3 months there as well)!

Like I said having been here for a while and knowing many who have been here for quarter of a century, I do speak with a certain amount of knowledge of the subject - for instance I wouldn't be so ignorant to say to someone from Capetown that the whole of South Africa is full of crime, slavery and stupid accents as despite the fact that I've been there a few times and seen it on the telly does not make me an expert! Get my point?

For the record, I do go out drinking regularly with my mates, I do share my car on occasion with women to whom I'm not married, I do hold hands on occasion with my wife in the mall and I know many who shag their girlfriends regularly - the thing is though I have no idea where the jails actually are in Dubai...... Weird huh?