PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 27th Mar 2013, 22:42
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet A One nobody will be forced to take a pay cut. The worst case scenario for you apart from losing your job would be that you keep your job and may have to take 4 weeks LSL. The company can do that anyway. I have written a notice that will come out today explaining it in as much detail as we know.

Maybe though we can take a look at reality. I am tipping (yes this is an assumption) that Qantas will need a lot of overtime because they will have more people on leave. I say this because even today they need more labour to get through the workload than they have. You can cover the loss of shift penalties by working one or two shifts extra a year (remember the LSL itself will hand you at least 8 shifts off).

If you are worried about loss of the LSL itself, work 4 more double time shifts and you have put the same money in the bank and are still two days better off. Add to that the fact that you will be employed for at least one more year and will add four weeks pay to any redundancy payout at a higher rate and I cannot see how you could be worse off.