PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wanted - Europa Info
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2003, 17:45
silvereagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanted - Europa Info

For some time now, I have been contemplating the acquisition of a Europa. I work full time and spend a lot of time away from home. As a result, building is out of the question. I had considered waiting until I retire in a couple of years time but being the sort of bloke I am, I thought - why wait? So the plan is to source a ready to fly model.

The question is, which one and what are the pitfalls? What I want to avoid is the frustration of potentially parting with the loot then discovering that I should have insisted on a certain type/mod state/engine etc.

I have been flying for 25 years and have flown just about everything from an F3 Tornado to a Luscombe. I want an aircraft that is inexpensive to operate, reliable and tidy. I have hangarage and have access to JAR 145 maintainence so I have a robust support regime.

What I need is some advice on the Europa itself. I plan to visit the factory shortly and already subscribe to the quarterly Europa magazine. But I have yet to find a definitive source of do's and don't s on the acquisition front.

If any of you can help, I would appreciate it. And better still, if you can offer me a flight so much the better. I am sure we can come to some arrangement regarding 'swaps'. I still fly some very interesting types and would be happy to 'do a mutually beneficial deal!'