PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2013, 21:35
AirGuru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I second that Mr Marsh ! Hopefully no FR@CWL then. The Vueling product is far superior to anything that FR can even hope of offering, yes the airport's passenger numbers would absolutely rocket, but as Mathers mentions, that would only be short term, as soon as any subsidy is stopped or fees increase, FR will be gone packing, leaving CWL in an even worse predicament in what it was in before finding Vueling.

In my opinion, Vueling only needs this Summer to realise that the Sun and spade routes really do work very well from CWL which could lead to a further enhanced presence for next year, and maybe some sort of Winter presence.

After a bit of thought, maybe this situation in its entirety can be used to CWL's advantage to try to get a VY base for next Summer, since CWL will not be able to sustain a new lo-co and Vueling, as any other lo-co will want at a bare minimum all the routes that Vueling currently operate. If the Welsh Government and indeed CWL management were to let FR base at CWL with say 2/3 aircraft, it would be the biggest mistake in quite honestly a long long time, as Vueling will more than likely be off packing, leaving A LOT of taxpayers money which has been spent on marketing the VY stuff go down the drain. We need to be patient and wait for VY to pick up even further at CWL.

The phrase 'taxpayers money' is getting used far too many a time in this thread, i don't like it. Afterall, isnt the government in the Uk as a whole trying to cut losses. Public sector cutbacks have hit Wales hard, and for that money to be re-invested in MOL's shambolic airline, i'd rather drink my own p*ss !