PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 4
Thread: SOUTHEND - 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2013, 18:37
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The easyJet 2013/2014 Winter schedule has appeared on their website today and the SEN programme looks quite encouraging with frequency increases on many routes compared to this Winter.
And Stansted with further decreases. EasyJet are really starting to p*** me off with this grow at Southend and cut back Stansted strategy they seem to have adopted. I can't see why they can't find a way to grow at both of them. Ryanair can grow at both Liverpool and Manchester and at Edinburgh and Prestwick at the same time, so why can't EasyJet do the same here???

24 departures with 6 maybe 7 based aircraft I made it on a Monday in January from Stansted and that really is outrageous to say the least, regardless of what "extra" they have at Southend! There better be a big new route announcement up their sleeves.

Southend is a great alternative to those living in East London, Suffolk and Essex, but what good is it to those living more than 30 miles from it?! Stansted is a more than realistic option even to us in the Midlands, unlike Southend. I thought EasyJet went to Southend to serve a greater catchment area, instead they've got themselves a much smaller one!!!

I hope EasyJet will one day see sense and realise the damage they are causing to their customer base and their support from those in the Stansted catchment area. I'm not opposed to EasyJet growing at Southend, but I am opposed to EasyJet migrating traffic to Southend from Stansted.

Last edited by FRatSTN; 27th Mar 2013 at 18:44.