PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2013, 17:26
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I cannot link the CAA stats, but to tide you over here is a snippet from 2010:

Annual O&D between New Delhi and Manchester is 54,000 passengers. Currently no non-stop flights operate between Manchester and New Delhi. Third biggest O&D market in the UK and one of the largest un-served in Europe.
Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL/VIDP) | The Route Shop

Now, according to the CAA, the market has grown since then, but hopefully it helps show if it was the 3rd largest o&d market back then, its a similar story now. The market has grown by 19,000 in just under 3 years, so shows the power behind a route too

True BHX has the weight of manufacturing behind it, so it seems both destinations have good reasons to get a route. I was hoping AI would go to B'ham and Jet come to MAN for an even spread, but, given the tie in with Etihad, I would put good bets on Jet not serving any extra UK points so it seems only AI is the option for regional flights to India.

Remember that this is the Birmingham thread too and the Moderators have
deleted post that keep mentioning airports other than Birmingham
If that's your hope then would be unfair given and by your wink smiley would be an underhand tactic by yourself to win the argument, as the nature of the article you posted was essentially MAN vs BHX given its title, and so seems legitimate to talk about the 2 for pro's and cons. Or is it so inconceivable to you that another airport could have the potential for an India flight that your only option is to hope for the other airports name deletion?

Last edited by LAX_LHR; 27th Mar 2013 at 17:30.