PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristows to take over SAR from 2015
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2013, 16:24
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crab's just come back from skiing. He'll be here shortly!

Winco: if it's not broke.....good old fashioned 1950's Great British mentality methinks. Thank God someone thought differently and were in a position to pursue it. This is the 21st century not the 19th.
The role of mil SAR is long long past its shelf life. Tired old airframes cracking as we speak costing millions and millions to keep airborne DAILY! The cost of supporting even a basic 'airman' running into 6 figures/annum when pensions and running costs are calculated. Massive and I mean really massive overstaffing from too many engineers too many administrators and top heavy senior officers. And finally no role for them anymore because we don't have any mil jets to eject from!

This process and transition is OVERDUE by atleast 10 years.

And I have to add my voice to that of fareast and JimLad1 in that you only show your true ignorance when you comment on the inadequacies of civvy crews. You are indeed an embarrassment to the fraternity when you declare your lack of knowledge regarding bravery/capability/application of civvy aircrew. The funny thing is that possibly two thirds are ex mil anyway