PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career Crossroads.
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2003, 15:54
Easy Glider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You say that you don't understand why any pilot would want to change his /her job for an alternative form of employment paying more money. You also say you can't understand why pilots don't just fly for the thril of flying. Well, I can honestly say, that having been a pilot for many years now, and having flown many different types from C 152s up to B757 / B767s, I am now ONLY interested in how much I get paid at the end of the month.

Believe me, the thrills, excitement, views and everything else wear very thin very quickly.

What many people do not seem to realise on this forum is that flying for a living is just a job and nothing more. Like other jobs, it has good points and it has bad points. Likewise, you will have bad days and good days.

For me, the bad points seem to out weigh the good points as the bad days seem to more and more out weigh the good. For this reason I, along with many others are actively searching for alternative forms of employment.

If you do end up flying for a living, I would not be at all surprised to see a similar post written by yourself in years to come.