PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airman Aircrew pay review
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2003, 15:28
Spike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charlie Luncher:

"Old fella you are doing just what you told everyone not by looking backwards ref pay 2000."

I apologize for any mixed message you may have perceived.

My referral to Pay 2000 was intended to point out how the empowerment of the NCA Cadre could allow for the future review of all NCA pay scales, once 12 months have passed post the AASS. Nothing more.

My concerns were/are for the future. Specifically how all NCA, and those that give a damn about their progression towards a comparable standing with all other aircrew, must now look at many issues (AASS implementation, pension reviews, restructuring at sqn level for pay re-banding assessments, AIPs for Qs other than SAR EIEC, flying pay issues, better kit trials and provision, manning and employment issues etc). This review will ease the way towards many positives, and achieving pay parity is certainly one, but the work must begin now. This "synch" I referred to is where my true concerns lie. The pan-branch empowerment and MACR SO3 posts is something that must be got right. I truly believe that certain parts of the Study will give NCA, present and future, a worthwhile career path, that, with further work, can offer many options for personal and professional development.

My original post was a plea to the 'bleeding hearts' to look more deeply and see what the future now offers, they must accept the writing on the wall and work towards making it function. This Study, although not a panacea, is but the first move towards a potentially much brighter future.....