PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2013, 10:11
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have worded at easyJet for many years and can only recommend this scheme to would-be applicants. This is the first time for at least 5 years that we have recruited experienced pilots instead of endless 155 hour cadets. As others have pointed out, we could fill nearly our entire requirement from any of the following groups: low-houred cadets, type-rated Airbus pilots, non-rated turbine pilots, ex-mil pilots, current flying instructors etc. The fact we are not choosing to do so does not reflect upon those we have recruited, but does reflect our new flight ops team's desire to have a more rounded recruitment strategy. The plan has been widely welcomed by the majority of current easyJet pilots, who have ben calling for this change for many years. Like all these things, there will be winners and losers. The biggest losers are likely to be low-houred, straight from training, young cadets who are now going to find themselves at the back of a queue headed by some much more experienced pilots. I would have to say that is what it should have been years ago, and I welcome the change. That does not mean I do not value our cadets - it does mean that I welcome a wider recruitment policy.