PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways 2.whoa!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2013, 03:07
RatsoreA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong...

Confirming this means paper maps not needed for VFR private flyers?
CAR 233 1 (h) doesn't distinquish between Private/Commercial/RPT.

It just says "Pilot in Command".

So I would assume, yes, No more stupid paper!

CIVIL AVIATION REGULATIONS 1988 - REG 233
Responsibility of pilot in command before flight
(1) The pilot in command of an aircraft must not commence a flight if he or she has not received evidence, and taken such action as is necessary to ensure, that:

(a) the instruments and equipment required for the particular type of operation to be undertaken are installed in the aircraft and are functioning properly;

(b) the gross weight of the aircraft does not exceed the limitations fixed by or under regulation 235 and is such that flight performance in accordance with the standards specified by CASA for the type of operation to be undertaken is possible under the prevailing conditions; and

(c) any directions of CASA with respect to the loading of the aircraft given under regulation 235 have been complied with;

(d) the fuel supplies are sufficient for the particular flight;

(e) the required operating and other crew members are on board and in a fit state to perform their duties;

(f) the air traffic control instructions have been complied with;

(g) the aircraft is safe for flight in all respects; and

(h) the latest editions of the aeronautical maps, charts and other aeronautical information and instructions, published in AIP or by a person approved in writing, that are applicable:

(i) to the route to be flown; and

(ii) to any alternative route that may be flown on that
flight;

are carried in the aircraft and are readily accessible to the flight crew.