PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 27th Mar 2013, 02:54
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On t'other hand.

Sarcs # 1330 –"Or the Senator’s can directly refer the matter to the AFP for investigation as that is inevitably what the CDPP would have to do anyway as they do not have investigatory powers."
Valid point: but why not cut out the middle man; is the question now one of law?. The AFP may well be great 'investigators" but are they the right folks to be deciding if ATSB is in breach of the TSI, or CASA flouted the Act?. There's some deuced tricky wriggling, giggling and plain old legal hanky-panky floating about the 'legalities' of the whole exercise. Perhaps CP could give us a steer.

The AFP could very easily, I should imagine define if a 'document has been interfered with, documents such as the CAIR 09/03 or the less obvious 'Chambers report". Was the CAIR 09/03 the song sheet for the investigation?; was the Chambers effort never to see the light of day? I believe the original has been manipulated, but was it before or after the FOI disclosed the thing? All passing strange.

The thing that really intrigues me is the why?, what's the motivation ??. At face value we have the heads of two separate government safety bodies, scampering about the place waving bits of suspect paper, ducking direct questions and playing at silly buggers with the Senate? They should have nothing to hide – simple exercise – simple solution. Pilot retrained, operator to fix procedures, CASA to fix up their end, increase oversight and a big tick when the job's done. Smiles all round, so why?; what has been a powerful enough force to motivate their bizarre actions? There may well not be a cover up, but it looks like a duck. There may well not have been some collusion, but it walks like a duck. There may well not have been some creative writing done, but it quacks.

Oh my goodness, how it quacks.

Always remember -
"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public". Walt Disney.

Last edited by Kharon; 27th Mar 2013 at 03:17. Reason: To tell a quack from a Qwok of pooh.