PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2013, 21:59
littco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Closes 10th April

What I find interesting is up till now most companies have only asked for type rated pilots, knowing they will get numerous applications to choose from. This seems to indicate quite clearly they do not feel they will get all their requirement from rated applicants, and if they are loosing to attrition why would they fill them with other rated people?!

I'm sure they could fill the spots with 200hr guys but then you have a big fill of the same experienced people with no one to move to rhs in 2-3 years time..

Similarly I don't believe there the number of non type rated people around who have 500hrs multi over 5700kg that either are not already employed or could afford the c£20k needed for the rating... And those that do have the hours but not the rating are probably year 2-3 at somewhere like flybe who'll be on similar money probably already servicing huge debts from their training and couldn't pay the 20k anyway...

I actually think its quite a promising sign that things are finally on the move.