PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saving the IMC. Did we do enough? Can we do more?
Old 26th Mar 2013, 21:50
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuji

Not sure what you mean by separating private flying from commercial ?
Joe Bloggs flying his Cirrus in the airway or on an approach is mixing it with Mr EasyJet and has to be trusted to fly with accuracy!
Perhaps I am getting old but seriously Pace do tell me what the EASA theory exams compared with the FAA multiple guess exams have to do with flying an approach in a Cirrus. I don't believe for one moment the EASA theory exams make the commander of a Cirrus a better pilot. So unless you haven't had time to keep up with my posts (and I don't blame you if you haven't) I am not for one moment suggesting the practical skills of the Cirrus pilot relevant to flying a SEP be any less than the Easyjet pilot flying a multi jet. I am suggesting that if EASA want to gold plate commercial ratings then who am I to care, but leave private pilots to devise a relevant ICAO qualifying standard that suites the needs of private pilots without compromising standards.

In short leave us to do our own thing because I don't think we need to put private pilots through the same needless treadmill suffered by our commercial brethren.