PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best way to network for corporate jobs and what are my chances?
Old 26th Mar 2013, 19:29
nezzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to network for corporate jobs and what are my chances?

Evening all, I am looking into my chances of landing a corporate job either with a private owner or biz jet company. I have a JAA (F) ATPL and approaching 1500hrs TT which has been accumulated through instructing and probably like everyone one else I have been sending CV's out to every corporate company I can think of.
Since I have had luck with this my next plan is to visit airfields and physically knock on doors/cockpits in hope of a chance. I just would like to hear from current biz jet pilots on how they would feel if I was to turn up un announced looking to be hired and if this tatic is frowned upon ???? I have no means of funding a type rating nor a FAA conversion either which I know can be beneficial to have as a corporate pilot.All I have to offer is my enthusiasum to learn , I will always work hard, loyalty and that I passed all my flying courses first time and in minimum hours and the same for the ATPL exams which I gained a 92% average. Would this be enough to get hired as a FO.??