PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristows to take over SAR from 2015
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2013, 16:54
orca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winco,

To go one further - and has been touched on already in this thread, JPR/CSAR has essentially been danced around for as long as anyone can remember, with various communities (Merlin, SK-4) working to establish an initial capability that then either got axed, lost in the noise, missing in the wash or gathered sufficient dust to be removed from the corporate consciousness.

I tried to personally write some JPR SOPs for our CVS work once and St Mawgan practically bit my hand off to help - for at last someone was taking their great work forward. (Work in draft at SDSR - now used successfully in the Junior Rates head as auxiliary wiping material.)

However I am not convinced that this has anything to do with peacetime SAR really.

FWIW I think having mil SAR by way of second line tours for front line aircrew has its value. I am not personally convinced we need mil SAR communities other than that. And if I ever end up on the wrong end of a Martin Baker let down I really couldn't care less what brand of professional turns up in what colour helo...so long as someone does!