PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways " Think long and Hard"
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2013, 12:17
sentosa1942

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately ( For me ) I have first hand knowledge of how they treat people at QR. Not only from people I know personally who have be treated diabolically, but how I was treated. While on annual leave I visited my own doctor who referred me to a surgical consultant who then advised me I required a small but relatively serious operation. I wrote on two separate occasions to inform my line manager of my need to under go a surgical procedure, he elected not to respond. The procedure require a two week recovery period which was fine as I was only rostered for being contactable. Without any formal or informal notification, my pay and staff travel was stopped along with all other privileges which made it impossible for me to return to Doha. After three months of continuously writing to my line manage, senior manages and HR management to resolve any misunderstanding and asking to be able to return to Doha to continue with my career. They choose to ignore my correspondence, it was only after I wrote and got angry did I receive and acknowledgement, informing me that they did not appreciate threaten Emails and this is when I first learnt they terminated me retrospectively accusing me of absconding. The whole matter is a complete fabrication and utter nonsense without any substance to their accusation, to date they have not provided me with any evidence they have of my absconding. Whereas, I have all my correspondence and evidence to show that I did not abscond. I had a great career with QR, plus my commitments I had out there. All my documents both flying Surely these are Not the actions of someone planning to abscond. This has left me destitute and my flying career in tatters. I had recently a slim opportunity for work but was required to be type rated on a new a/c or pay up front for the training, which is £15,000.00 which I do have. The only peace of luck is my wife has managed to secure work which pays the mortgage, but that short term.
My children don't understand what is going on and why Daddy is not in Doha flying.
So, for reasons which will always remain unknown to you, you can fall foul of these people and it doesn't matter what you say or do, there is little or no chance of a just outcome.
If I hadn't had my operation at the time I did, I was likely to have been taken ill while on ops and therefore cause bigger problems to my own health as well as problems for scheduling. All I had wanted was to have my op and return to Doha and continue flying.