PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brighton City Airways
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2013, 10:54
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Phileas - about a week ago, I flew Shoreham-Pontoise with Brighton City - I read the review on a later date an, ignoring aspects around launch day and press coverage, thought it gave a pretty accurate description of the product BCA offer. It's extremely rare that a handling agent at a commercial airline says "Go to the restaurant and have some breakfast - we'll phone you when about to board". Admittedly it was a little annoying that I had to shovel the last piece of scrambled eggs and toast in my mouth and get up quickly because the person in the kitchen took their time over making my breakfast, but such is the way of life...

Maybe a slightly larger aircraft could be used but it's a fairly minor point - particularly for an airline and route which late in 2012 people wrote off as no hope.

If we end up with passenger aviation run 100% by 3 network carriers, Easyjet and Ryanair, then we are back to the monopoly days of the 1970s with airlines flying only where is operationally convenient rather than where passengers want to fly.

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 26th Mar 2013 at 17:18.