PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Cabin Service
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2013, 08:22
Flyer jazz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Etopsmonkey,

very well said. Matter of fact, how many years was a pilot trained? And how many weeks do you train a flight attendant? Many of them have no basic aviation knowledge / common sense and many of our conversations cracked me up! Gimme a break !

Let me quote from an earlier thread, "Many generalisations here, but alas, most are true about the HKG cabin crew. Some months ago I overheard some very junior crew make some very offensive comments about one of the FO's on the crew behind his back. I can understand Cantonese fairly well, although speaking it I find difficult. When I approached the persons involved, with the backing of the Malaysian ISM, they were genuinely shocked that I had understood and proceeded to apologise to the bewildered FO. Afterwards, they were giggling and laughing as if nothing had happened."

or what about, "Recently did a flight, was on the bus and as the girls came on after us we all said "hi." Well about 5 (all locals) just blatantly ignored us. By the 3rd one I'd had enough so stood up and very loudly (in a joking way) said "hi" with a big smile and put my hand out to them, they looked lost! I joked and said why you not saying hello to us? Do we smell? and laughed. All of the girls who had ignored us didn't even smile and just sat on their mobile phones chatting. Utter rudeness. On the bus discussed this with the ISM and said how I thought it only polite that these girls should say hi to their Captain when he says hi to them first. She just said to me "Well you get what you pay for, half of them even ignore me!" She then told me that the basic is low and they all hate the job, use it as a stepping stone and just don't care. I also had to make 2 calls to the back at some point, none of them understood my basic english and in the end I gave up and called the ISM and got her to do what I was requesting! She then came up to the flight deck and said this is a huge problem she is facing with them not understanding basic english."

Hooroo mate!

Last edited by Flyer jazz; 26th Mar 2013 at 16:12.