PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Making the Jump to Twins
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2013, 07:27
poonpossum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making the Jump to Twins

I’m just seeking any potential advise on making the jump to twin IFR ops from a current single engine charter job with no other aircraft or room for progression.

So far, I envisage the need to join a larger company that operates both single engine and multi engine aircraft, and then having to prove my worth there in a single before having the chance to upgrade.

Would you agree that it would be quite unlikely that one could jump from 700 – 1000 hours in a single, onto a twin IFR aircraft?

My current mindset that I might be able to make the jump directly, but in perhaps a cargo operation or one that does not take passengers, as I assume that the insurance requirements would be potentially less to operate cargo only operations?

Perhaps another avenue would be to try for twin operators who fly VFR, and gain some twin experience there.

Either way, I’m going to have to hustle myself another job towards the end of this year. Those are my current thoughts but I really don’t know, hence the post. So any wisdom would be much appreciated. How you did it, any stories, whether my thoughts or on or off the mark and anything else

Last edited by poonpossum; 26th Mar 2013 at 07:29.