PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Use of video camera on commercial flight
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2013, 07:16
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
washingtondave you're quite a funny bloke...

Di Vosh, I was indeed hoping for some positive news but I'm not going to delve into the psychological aspects of "confirmation bias".
Well perhaps you should. What you've posted on this thread is a classic example. Even after saying

and I have received a number of responses, none approving
you're still coming up with stuff like the below:

Whilst I can accept that some flightdeck videos "are NOT sanctioned" by the airline involved, the frequency of some of them by the same person suggests some of them were by pilots who have not been disciplined. To comply with moderation rules, I will not name names or airlines, but there is one person who has stated he has the sanction of his employer, and has many videos both from the the flightdeck and the cabin when, like ourselves, he/she was SLF.
Again for the record, I had no intention of posting anything on Youtube or Facebook, merely a desire to record some of the things I see and enjoy through the window, such as the sight of Paris from the port side travelling south, or manouvering around a towering CumuloNimbus on a flight from NCE-NCL, or the snow covered Jura and Alps whilst in the hold prior to a long downwind for runway 05 at Geneva.
Just for the record, the PED I would have liked to use, is a small sports video camera (as small as the palm of my hand which can be safely secured via a suction cup) which is used by a firm mounting in car, strapped to a bike or a helmet whilst skiing. Unlike a phone, or Ipad (which I now see are being used for EFBs), it does not transmit either a wi-fi, 3G/4G or bluetooth signal. The electronics of the camera are merely used to record video.
All of which boils down to "Others do it so why not me?", "It's just for personal use", and "It's only a small camera."

None of which is relevant to your situation.

DIVOSH!

Last edited by Di_Vosh; 26th Mar 2013 at 10:01.