PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2013, 16:38
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loop de loop

Closing the loop is an essential component of mitigating deficiencies and moving forward. It is farcical, absurd and downright dangerous having 'findings' by a Coroner, yet those very findings don't have to be fixed!!
No wonder the same events keep recurring.
Aherne hit the nail on the head using the 2003 accident analysis. Talk about kangaroo courts and half arsed systems. Can you imagine Fort Fumble auditing you, hitting you with 50 NCN's and never coming back to ensure the deficiencies have been mitigated, the fixes 'tested' an the finding closed off?
(Mind you I did hear the rumour of a big hitter in CASA once making 30 RCA's as they were called disappear mysteriously off an operators books, rumour was the CASA person had a 'mate' there. Also rumoured was that it was a sloppy job and a lot of the underpinning paperwork still exists!! All rumor I must enforce)

Obviously different standards apply to the Regulator and industry, no surprise there, 'do what we say not as we do'. But the fact that the Regulator itself doesn't have to close the loop flies in the face of a robust SMS which it constantly belts into the operators.

No wonder the industry is rooted.
I hope Aherne keeps chipping away. I have my opinions as to the 'full reason' he is sticking it to FF but at least he is standing up to them balls and all. And their pathetic shots at him do nothing but show them up for being the pathetic weak specimens they really are.

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 25th Mar 2013 at 16:42. Reason: Pondering whether 'closing the loop' and 'circle of trust' are related.